Friday, April 25, 2014

I was thinking/Good times

Hey y'all! Happy Friday! Anyone else glad it's Friday?!...I don't really have anything going on, though Fridays always feel different for some reason? ;)


Anyhow, I'm stopping in today to share a not so CAS card. I was browsing through some challenges the other day. I came across the current Seize the Sketch challenge. Now, normally I might not have tried playing with this particular sketch, only because it's out of my comfort zone. Though, I decided to go for it! And I have to say, I'm glad I did! ;)


You see?...This isn't one of my normal CAS cards! I used some pattern paper and ooooh, an embossing folder...say what?! lol That's right, an embossing folder! ;) Then I did a little cutting for my speech bubble. And lathered up my card with a fun little flag, some twine, and sequins! I actually, had quite fun making this card (and not that I don't always have fun making my cards. This one was just a little different.)!

Okay, and hopefully y'all can see the sketch still?...Instead of having the two papers go straight across, I decided to use a angle. Then instead of using a oval, I used the speech bubble/flag. And lastly, instead of having an star on my card, I went for adding some twine. So, what's your thoughts?!...I'd love to know!

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy your day/weekend!
-Shelly-

8 comments:

  1. Though it has pattern n layers, still the core essence of CAS rules, u are amazing n so very inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Shelly! Love how you went diagonal with the center line. SO trendy and cute too! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, Shelly! I like that you tilted the horizontal line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you did, too! what a fun collage style card, Shelly and so unique. Love the trendy look to it with the diagonally cut background layer. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is FABULOUS, Shelly! I hear ya about the embossing folders (what are they!??)! I love that you tweaked the sketch a bit and made it your own!! Totally creative! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelly, this rocks!! I love how the sequins mimic the thought bubble idea, and this is just such a perfectly clustered embellishment - and the sketch inspiration is TOTALLY there. Awesomesauce :) Thanks for coming to play with us at Seize the Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great CAS card! I love the texture and the fun sentiments. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww...this is so sweet!
    Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Sketch♥

    ReplyDelete