Monday, September 15, 2014

Creative blog hop

Hey y'all! I'm back again, today! ;) I was recently asked by Judy, a sweet friend of mine, if I would be interested in participating in the 'Creative blog hop'. I've been seeing a lot of friends playing along, but didn't know if it was gonna come my way or not. Well, needless to say, it did and I was thrilled when Judy thought of me! :) Thank you, Judy!

So, here goes!

What am I working on?

Well, to be honest, I'm working on quite a bit of things. Yes, some DT projects (and maybe even a few challenges). But I'm even trying to do some things around the house. Like helping my husband build this fence for our yard (who ever said that's quick and easy, must not have built a very good fence! lol or my husband is just that picky. ;)) and I'm trying to design the inside as well, which you would think with all the cards I create, I'd have no problem doing so. However, I keep referring to these DIY books/magazines for ideas/help. ;) So you could say, there's good amount of activity going on right now, to keep me busy.

How does my work differ from others of its genre?

You know, this is a hard question! I'm sure everyone does have their own 'signature', indeed. But to know my own, is tricky. I tend to 'go with the flow' of things and whatever that may lead to, then that's what it leads to. Maybe I'm more 'settle' at times, maybe I'm more 'wild' at times?...I'll will say one thing though, I'm not afraid to mix things up a bit or 'break some rules'. ;)

Why do I write/create what I do?

Simple. I LOVE to make cards and share them with others! :)

How does your writing/creative process work?

Seriously, I wish I had one! But I don't! lol I just take it one day at a time. Some days are better than others. Usually, something comes to my mind and I try to work off of that. And knowing how I think, it's a 50/50 chance that my idea will come together. ;) If that doesn't work, I usually stare at some stamps or paper and wait for a 'oh...yeah' moment.  And if all fails me, I will sometimes take a break (and by break I mean, it could be 10-15 mins to a day or two! lol). And you really wanna know something?...I have had many cards come to me in my sleep! Yep, I kid you not! The only problem with that is, half of the time I can't remember what the card looked liked in my dream! So, then it does me no good! Ha! ;)

You can find Judy's 'Creative blog hop' post, here. And here are the crafty friends I chose to tag...

Besides from being a totally sweet person, she is one talented chick! From layouts to cards to loving her ribbons (and many other things), she's sure to inspire you! :) A person I'm so happy have to met in the 'crafty world'. I'm talking about, Lalo from Naniwale! Make sure to swing on over to her blog and see all her awesome creations! :)


Are you ready for another totally sweet person?!!...She will knock your socks off with her 'cuteness overload' in all her projects! She has some awesome coloring skills and love for pattern papers! I'm am so happy to have met her through the 'crafty world'! I'm talking about, Annette from My Clever Creations! I always love her work and I'm sure you will, too! Be sure to go and check out her blog! :)

And I have one more totally sweet person to tag...Which I feel soooo bad because I did not check my email and so I did not know that she was in on the fun...I AM SO SORRY about that, please forgive me! 

Okay, so talk about not only being a sweet person. But someone who knows how to 'work' the mix media like a rockstar, that she is! Her coloring is simply, amazing! She creates cards to everything in between...She is no other than Isha from New Ideas! Hands down, she is one to be inspired by! Be sure to swing on over to her blog and see! :)

Thank you, ladies for accepting to join in on the fun! :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly! What a fun post! So glad to get to know more about you...thanks for playing along in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to know more about you, Shelly! You are so talented...and you truly are a GEM! Thanks for sharing with us about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are so fabulous.. Love reading your answers.. looks like we have a lot in common.. thanks for asking me be a part of this.. your a rock star..

    Thanks for inspiring us all.. :)
    Have a great Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love learning more about you Shelly, you are the sweetest. Your life sounds so uncomplicated, busy but it seems like you roll with it--love that!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you are working on some home improvement projects...those are time-consuming but oh so fun!

    I think you do CAS really well. Exercising restraint is a very hard to master skill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun to read more about you and your process!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great to learn more about your creative process, Shelly! I haven't dreamed about my cards, but if I'm lying there having trouble going to sleep (which is very rare) I'll try to think up a new design until I fall asleep. Good luck on your fence-building! Sounds like a great bonding project with your husband : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so tickled to see you taking part in TCBH, Shelly! I enjoyed getting to know more about you and your creative process! Thank you, too, for the links to those other fabulous card artists!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for asking me to be part of this hop. You are an amazing and sweet friend. Loved to read more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoever started this had a brilliant idea! I love getting to know my favorite crafters more and learning about new ones. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete